Thursday, November 19, 2009

Toddlers thursdays - getting them dressed


This is the first year that DH is taking the biggest part on him for getting the kids launched. Before, I was either home or the few days I had to go to work, we would launch one kid each. Now they both have to go to kindergarten, and I'm working mornings so DH gets them ready for school.
He does a wonderful job, even with his morning temper lol. But one thing I can't trust him to do is chose the kids clothes. Even when I lay them out beforehand, he manages sometimes to mix up DS and DD clothes ;/
Now laying out the clothes in good Flylady tradition is part of the evening routine ... and one of my big time challenges, both for myself as for the kids. As the gentleman pointed out with the problem of getting up early: "Fire your early morning manager", well my " evening manager" is risking his job too. Do I have to sum up his excuses? Lol. The tiredness? The five more minutes in front of the computer? The OMG now it's really time to get to bed, lets forget all the rest?
Anyway, although far from the well-oiled routine machinery. I know found a system that seems to work for me. I use these organizers you see on the picture. That one is from ikea and really cheap. But I got mine as a free gift with the groceries I bought. I would prefer two small chests with cute little tagged boxes ... but for now this will have to do.
Each "shelf" is a day, and I put all the clothes in there for each day, whenever I'm in there room to put away the clean clothes. I don't know where I stole the idea.... but it works wonders for me!

1 comment:

PippaD said...

We borrowed and adapted a similar idea from a Flylady Testimonial. I make sure that in Top Enders Sock drawer she has enough school socks, and clean underwear for the school week, and her uniform is kept in a drawer. She knows that at weekends and after school she can wear what she likes, unless I have already set an outfit out.
Baby Boy is a little different his clothes are always picked out and on the sofa as my DH gets him dressed as part of his morning routine!