Thursday, November 26, 2009

Toddlers thursdays - chores

Did you help out doing chores when you were a kid? I didn't ... not in a routine way. My DM(mother) was a p* BO ... the idea of doing something any other way of the "right way" would totally freak her out lol. So I did almost nothing except for some rare close to mothers day moments.
I would like my kids the value of a common "home" where everyone shares responsibilities to bless the house in their own way. It's beyond a doubt, that as long as my routine are still this premature ... it's hard to expect them to have rock solid ones ... especially because their routines depend greatly on mine lol. But at least they start to get the idea that ...

  1. after school: we change shoes, hang jackets and bags, wash hands
  2. before bed: we pick up toys for one song (thanks Flylady and Housefairy), wash and brush teeth, have a story, drink some water ... go to bed
  3. in the morning: wash and brush teeth, get dressed to shoes, eat Bf, take meds
You can imagine how proud I was when yesterday my DD4 was explaining our routines to my DM who is staying over to help me out while DH is away on a business-trip :)

No comments: