Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lifestyling tuesdays - Waking up


I never was a morning person. Not that I have a terrible mood or a temper ... I just can't get out of bed. At night I dream of freshly jumping out of bed, within the first five minutes after the set alarm ... In real life ... NOT!


I tried getting to bed earlier I tried taking extra vitamines. I tried a rewarding system I even tried special waking alarms with light... But I still have to drag myself out of bed each and every morning. Sigh! Double sigh ... because now winter is coming. The snoozing problem is getting worse every day :/ There is a limit I guess for adjusting the alarm,knowing that it might take you up to an ... not exagerating here ... hour and a half before barely ready and functioning for morning routine. Because, allthough I do some kind of mini sleeping in between the snoozing of my alarm, that ain't no sound sleeping ... and I don't get any real "satisfaction" from the "awake" time either.
So I called google to the rescue and this is what I found ... Flylady wrapped in a different cover lol: How to get up right away when your alarm goes off?
So I have homework lol ... don't know what to expect ... and don't know yet when I will practice this ... Preferably with no one around ... wouldn't want to make anyone think that I finally lost all the screws from my head!

2 comments:

DIANE IN DENMARK said...

Have to agree that the Pavlov's dogs theory would probably work. And maybe you can 'reward' yourself when you do get staight out of bed with, say, lighting a candle in the bathroom while you shower? When my alarm goes off, I sit up in bed and read tweets on the my phone...usually puts a smile on my face and gets me going! Good luck! :) xo

flybabyf said...

@Diane ;) Great idea! Unless I get sidetracked lol!