I love buying toys for my kids. I could wander around toy stores for hours and hours, finding endless things that could brighten the lives of my kids. And so I'll admit... My name is flybabyf and I'm addicted to buying toys! :/
But that wouldn't be so bad if I were the only one. But the T(oybuyers) A has multiple members in our family .. no wonder that my first holiday cruising mission was to attack the toy chests from the kids.
When I saw the advert a few weeks back, where we could put toys in shoe-boxes to be donated to poor kids in the eastern of Europe ... well I new this was my chance to get rid of lots and lots of the untouched toys. The ones that they had outgrown, or just plainly didn't care for. The little stuff I gave while potty training them, or when I was trying to teach them a new routine.
We spent aaaaall of yesterday afternoon, decorating shoe-boxes (kids) and going through heaps and heaps of toys ... before finally every toy had its place and every place had its ... pheeew ... no longer had its toys :)
DS still doesn't have a clue what will be happening with the toys in the boxes. That was easy ... but DD didn't object to letting go lots of her toys. Don't know if we are ready for more and new toys yet ... but at least we hit a lick at a s... :)
PS: Was difficult but let dk do the decorating their own way and managed the desire to step in and help them make it prettier lol!
No comments:
Post a Comment