Saturday
Chinese chicken, rice and veggies
Sunday
Ham&cheese macaroni
Monday
Free freezer day: Chili sin carne
Tuesday
Slow cooking fun: Indian curry with fresh salad
Wednesday
Fish wit ricotta endive sauce and cauliflower,
Thursday
Quinoa with green beans, tomato-based veggie-ricotta sauce and falafel
Friday
Leftover Friday
Ham and cheese macaroni - the lazy way
Being a she I once stood in front of a package of lasagna, fresh cut courgettes and no idea how to combine the two. I had a cup of ricotta left in my fridge ... and why not? I mixed the ricotta cheese with milk till I had a white sauce. Used it instead of bechamel (bechamel always has lumps because I always get sidetracked while making it) ... and I never ever tried to prepare any other version of cheese/ white/ bechamel sauce ever again. It's quick. It's low fat. It's she-proof .... and it's yummie. So now you know my little secret on all my ricotta based sauces ... and in this case my 5 -10m (depending on pasta cooking time and how quick you get the water boiling) food-on-the-table-miracle. Cutting up the ham and fixing the sauce, is so easy and quick. You have time over to clean up, fix an extra salad and set the table before your pasta is cooked :)
Now that's what I call comfort food! And when DH calls in he's late for dinner ... or a kids play-date runs out ... under the grill with lots of extra cheese for extra yuminess and extra twisters-time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment