I just love sleeping. You know the feeling the second you crawl under your sheets, lay down your head and exhale ... bliss. Instant relaxation. If I could catch that calmness and contentment in a bottle ... what a marvelous thing it would be to open up during times of stress ... just a few seconds would do wonders ... It is also (mostly)the moment of the day, where everything seems so easy. I can plan hours and hours of work, walk through easy peasy routines ... at night I can't imagine how Princessy, tiredness, two kids, a dh, family, friends, schoolwork, a home to bless can give me such a hard time to balance out. You just get up, be cheerful, patient, and get on with it lol :)
But mornings are quite different. In the morning I can hardly comprehend how on earth I could even consider getting up that early, let alone being cheerful. How could only one cup of coffee get me energized? Why could I only take 15m of computer time? Clearing up breakfast, making beds, rescue bathroom ... why can't they wait.
When afternoon comes, guilt sneaks in ... aah why didn't I just do as planned ... sigh!
But no whining. You can make things better! I already made a huge babystep, by setting a fixed (euh with 1h 30 margin space lol) hour to get up in the morning. At first it made me shiver. No sleeping in, ever ever, for more than 1h30 ... but somehow it has worked quite the opposite. It has removed the bitterness from getting up ... because I DECIDED that getting up ain't something negative ... something I have to do on weekdays to get the family and myself launched ... I do no longer long for weekends and holidays to FINALLY have a sleep in. Kids do not longer irritate me when waking up at the same time as weekdays, when I planned in some extra sleep ... and the 1h30 margin gives me some space when exhaustion caught up with me because of whatever reason I thought was more important than getting my hours of sleep.
So, this late night owl changed her ways and became an early bird. My alarm starts ringing before 5am and I try to get out around 5... It seems to work for me! Most days I succeed and get the gift of me-time: pc time during breakfast, 30m work-out on home-trainer and most importantly: a stress-free launch ... ok that is if dh can control his stress levels :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment