Do you play games? I mean kids games? The ones they throw at us telling how smart, creative verbal etcetera ... it will make our kids and at the mean while make them glow from the good time spent, feeling completely grateful for having such sweet loving parents that are willing to buy this stuff for them ... ?
Well we do it very rarely ... mostly when kids are acting out, and I start thinking that it may be because I don't do enough quality time activities with them, the boxes, books and other activities will come out ... but there is no real routine ... which is a shame ... because as I found out yesterday ... we step back in our old ways so easily without routines ... and I always seem to find excuses to put these extra fun activities on the program ... but that just ain't fair. That's why I love DianeDenmark 15m crafts so great! Which excuse can we possibly bring in against 15m magic.
e
So today I put the kids on a project where they are decorating shoe boxes, they will have to fill them up with toys they no longer use, but that will be for another day lol ... because the fun part of the giving up toys ... ;/
But still bit on the skinny side for "family fun" ... Maybe I look at it in a to P* way ... Thinking, DH won't join in in a family activity, because he has his own (basement-remodel) mission today, and already made it clear that he won't stop till he finished the first part of the basement(which will keep him busy till late this evening). Why do I find this difficult, simple fun activities at home? Why do I feel the urge to run of and start some chores? Why do I look at weekends as the time to catch up on work? Ok scraping myself together ... this is supposed to be fun! Going to join in on the decorating, putting some kids music on and just bond :) for 30m :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you enjoy your fun time with the kids. I hope so. Hettie
Post a Comment