Thursday, October 29, 2009

Toddlers thursdays - mommy and daddy break

Kids are staying with my family this weekend. They left Wednesday evening after dinner and we will pick them up Sunday evening. DH & me have our 5 year anniversary and are going on a trip to Lille, France. To be honest, although missing them ... I really enjoy the sudden freedom when my kids are not home ... I can't imagine life without them and although they are not here ... almost every conversation is about them lol. Almost every plan includes them .... But still, sometimes I wonder how life would be if there never was a break with me-time and possibilities to recharge batteries for longer then the usual potty break :) ... Is there something that I am doing wrong, that makes parenting sometimes so tiring? How did and do mothers cope when there never is a break? And how did, do they collect their thoughts to evaluate their life when these sweet little toddlers among these never-ending homeblessings seem to always need our attention. Or is it true as some of my older female family members are saying and is the problem my lifestyle expectations. Is it so that a mother isn't supposed to workout on a daily basis for an hour or more a day, is it so that computer time and finding friendship on the net isn't a mommy thing, blogging a luxury that we should sacrifice to save energy for our family, meditation , study , working outside the home, ... do I exaggerate? ... Or will these 4 days without them give me the space to look for ways to balance everything out in a new way?

No comments: