Thursday, October 15, 2009

Toddlers thursdays - bedtime






I love bedtime. Not only mine, but also kid's bedtime :) ... We always have been blessed with our kids when it comes to an easy bed routine. Mostly they are quite happy to go upstairs for there evening story and most of the time they will go to bed without to much of a fuss ... but then there are those evenings ... and mostly they announce a period of days where sleeping isn't there primary concern ... sigh ... knowing that it will pass doesn't always ease the pain ... mostly ear pain lol.







But here is my survival guide:





  • when I am more tired than the kids, I sleep in there room on the sofa


  • taking one of them out of the bedroom for a time-out (mean while pray that the second one has fallen asleep)


  • start putting away kids cloths in chests ... and making them stay quiet. (And pray they will fall asleep when they see that I'm not planning on letting them out of sight)


  • reorganizing kids clothes (And pray ...)


  • room-rescue kids room (And pray ...)


  • begging dh to sleep on their couch ;)



I wouldn't advice ignoring late night parties in the bedroom ... last time I thought I had my fair share of late night parenting and thought that DH could take over 15m later when coming home ... they completely emptied out there closet, poured out their drinking water and emptied all toy bins :/ ... 15 m ... they really are miracle minutes :))

No comments: