Friday, October 9, 2009

Foodies friday


Inspiration



Ooooh I just love food! Especially the eating part. I like to cook too or maybe I should say I don't dislike cooking lol. Now most of my life I have eaten exactly what I wanted, in the quantities that I wanted, whenever I wanted. But even though I never had any real weight issues ... I always was very intrigued about healthy food. When the doctors told me last spring that because of the meds I took when I was ill and because of the menopause I'm in at such a young age, I became high risk for developing heart diseases ... well I finally decided to do my food homework a little better!


One of the books that inspired me most is : Food & Mood: The Complete Guide to Eating Well and Feeling Your Best, Second Edition by Elizabeth Somer. It is a very good introduction I think to how your body responds to food. I think many people could find a cure for many of their medical problems in it. I am a big fan! I started to implement her food advice last august and lost about 8kg! Now don' expect a crash diet. The weight drops slowly and I exercised a lot alongside the "diet". But I feel so much better ... and the great part? It ain't a diet ... you change your attitude to food at your pace!

Menu planning:


I must admit menu planning is one (of many lol) of my weaknesses in the flylady system :) But on the other side I learned a lot from the regular mailings from Leanne. I stuff my freezer with lots of handy veggies, meats, fish, vegetarian burgers, and fruits. I make spaghetti sauce, chili, mashed potatoes, soups, muffins, brownies, bread in large batches and freeze them ... and ever since ... I really didn't need a lot of planning to get food on the table :) ... but ... we need a but don't we ... well I admit that with a little planning things could be better lol. So I will give this a go, again!


Friday:
leftover Friday

Saturday

Invited to dinner by my grandmother and aunt.
Sunday
Vegetarian chili made by dh.
Monday
Late night school meeting: Spaghetti bolognaise (meatless) from freezer.

Tuesday

Late night school meeting: DH will make Chinese food. (I hope lol)
Wednesday

Fish Sticks with mashed potatoes, carrots.

Thursday

Spaghetti with ricotta endive sauce and bacon.

No comments: