Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 4

I think I may say that I flied today :) Ok, very slowly and very carefully ... I didn't go high in the sky ... but I loved the view anyway.

The day started off with a challenge ... despite the early morning rising, my kids beated me to the clock. D* they do are good at that. But DH helped me out. I could shower and dress to shoes! Ok I didn't push it and didn't put on make-up, but hey ... I havn't been putting make-up in a long time ... except for special occasions. I do like the idea ... but thát is not a day breaker :) We have to chose or battles sometimes...
The rest of the day flew by ... I managed to get lunch ready on time despite surprise visit from coworker, and call from a friend. In the afternoon I had a friend coming over with her son ... she complimented me on how clean my kitchen was! Ok the kids trashed the living room in no time. But DD helped putting toys away! Ok only for a moment. There was a confrontation in the end ... but it didn't last very long ... I even almost forgot about it! And both DS and DD went to bed without any fuss ... I think they loved their day too :) DH too I think ... he made brushetta's spontaniuously ...mmm I just love it when he makes them ... he helped clean up after dinner ... he won't say it, but I think he's trying to fly along lol.
So I have been getting up at a decent hour for four days now ... and I kept my sink shining ... It feels good to go slow. I must admit in all these years ... I never did the babysteps like they are designed for. I always jumped forward. Oh and I had all the good reasons for it naturally. This "flylady", she doesnt know me ... I can handle much more then getting dressed for the day ... I do it every day ... eventually ... and the whole shiny sink ... ok nice symbol ... but i clean tht sink regularly ... I have more important battles to win than that! Lets see what day 10 brings us ... Needless to say that I not once finished all babysteps? Luckily the Flying flywashed in one breeze of air at a time through testimonials, reading reminders, crashing and fluttering ... Even though I didn't grasp it yet ... I already learned a lot. Enough to bless my family with a home. Not a perfect one... but a loving one. I trust that we will find our way of flying. Absolute chaos ... no that is no longer the case. It has been a long time since I didn't open a door because of the state my house was in ... But how? More a continuous kind of crisis cleaning lol ... with all the feelings off being overwhealmed lashing out at me from time to time. Having been very ill and dependable of others this year, didn't help either. Routines needed changing so often ... not routines more like survival modes invented on the spot ... some lasting longer then others ... But now that I am ready for my revalidation I feel ready for the routines ... The revlidation is a slow process ... hard to accept ... but I'm moving in the right direction ... and as I am on my way of acceptance I feel that I accept the babysteps, mostly lol. But as I said ... I'm sitting here wit a smile on my face. Ok, it's way past bedtime ... That's a working point ... in general I want to much out of life ... more hours in my day ... But that's a challenge that I can babystep too I'm confident about that :)
So I did my little routines. Written them down already yesterday haha ... even when I don't want to run, ...

Tomorrow? "Write down what you hear" O joy lol ... do we want that ... I hope I don't get up all grumpy, with a headache ready to flood the world with an ocean of negativity :))

This flybaby is going to bed smiling!

No comments: