Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 12

Tuesday fun day! But I wasn't in a funny mood to start. Did go to bed early, but slept poorly. Muscles and joints were aching due to physical therapy ... but sleepy or not I got up on time & danced through my morning routine.
I already knew that routines were the key to getting things done, but I never realised or could dream that "flying" could also give me the power to let go! I learned (I think so lol) that being nice to myself really is the only way to do it. No, I don't have to do the weekly cleaning NOW if that means not getting my rest. No, I don't have to make those muffins NOW, just because I planned it. No, I can leave the laundry putting away if that means that I actually can have some me-time ...
It helps to that DH is helping out a lot, although he would prefer dropping the routines and dive in the "real mess and the real jobs" that need are attention ... BUT I've been doing my daily 15 minutes decluttering for days now, and he said "ooow ... you are getting a move on in the office, I'll have to get started on my side to catch up"!!! And I know he loves getting up to a "shiny sink" too ... He just doesn't know yet :)
Anyway the extra babystep of day 11 was putting an inspirational page in my control journal and I did! My phrases?

First got-to-do's, then want-to-do's!
Be nice to yourself!
If mommy ain't happy, nobody ain't happy!
Your body needs its sleep!
Plan before play!
And day 12? Deleting my flymails. Ouch that hurt ... I always keep some "I will read them later" ones.
And tomorrow... uh today? Taking on the "Kelly challenge" ... wow lets sneak peek lol ... ok detailed dusting in the living room! Thank God I don't have lots of nick nacks ... and even yet I feel a tantrum coming up from princessy ...

No comments: