24
Swish and swipe. Don't we love our swish and swipes! I can't imagine my life without them anymore! Whenever I get sidetracked, it's one of the first bells that start ringing! HEY YOU DIDN'T DO S&S YET! YOUHOO! GET A GRIP!!! In my early flybaby days ... I must admit I totally but totally didn't grasp the swishing and swiping. "What do they want me to do? ... Every day? Even when it's clean?" Now that couldn't be right? OK, the shiny sink stuff was crazy enough when I first got to know flylady ... but this? I couldn't get myself to clean toilets and bathrooms on daily basis. All excuses passed the revue ... from it being silly, to no time, or plain simple Princess's I don't want to ... mostly others making it filthy anyway ... so why do I - you know you have to stress the I real well don't you ;) - have to clean it anyway! And i did clean it though, once a week wasn't that enough?
The first time I gave the S&S a try was after my DS was born. We were staying at a studio next to my aunts apartment because of the renovations that were going on at our house. I didn't have a lot of housework to do because the place was sooo tiny lol. But still, as I saw the time approaching of moving back into our home ... I knew I needed a plan for blessing our house and family ... I hadn't done any flying during the year we moved out ... but I still had the mails coming in. I started by reading them again and jumped back on, not by babystepping lol ... that would have been to easy of course! :)) But I hearted the S&S because that was something I could start right there at the studio! And up till now, it is one of the routines that I practiced most of the time ... I fell off the wagon once in a while ... sometimes I had a good excuse due to my being ill and really not being able to take care of myself let alone the house ... sometimes Princessy could persuade me that we just didn't have to do it because we didn't feel like it lol ... but somehow it started to bother me real soon when not doing this little routine ... so I would jump back on the wagon!
Especially the bathroom really needs my S&S discipline. Sometimes I forget to bring a new rag to clean after I put the old one in the laundry ... and then things get horribly wrong and horribly fast! Not cleaning the sinks and mirrors soon infects our "pick up after yourself" routine ... and I don't have to draw a picture what happens next? Once the bathroom changes into partly Mt Washmore, partly garbage belt, partly ... S&S becomes very unattractive and I hate I really hate a filthy bathroom. Short:I love S&S!
25
"Learn how the routines developed" - a testimonial from our beloved Flylady. How she started blessing her home and family from chaos to a FINALLY LOVING YOURSELF not to p* ... to LOVING YOURSELF! I loved reading it! Going to put it in my CJ one of these days ... to remind me of the ongoing process of finding our way and once in a while leaving our path as she's tend to do, but knowing wht to do to find peace again! I'm being sidetracked and a bit overwhelmed when I'm writing now ... but blessed with flylady and all her wisdom ... I just know that I will find a way to organise my life in a way to reduce stress and enjoy a peaceful home and a loving family life. Whatever the challenge, I will babystep it!
26
"You are not behind! I don't want you to try to catch up; I just want you to jump in where we are. O.K.?One BabyStep at a time, PEACE is mine in 2009!" Thank you Flylady I needed to be reminded badly :) A big hug coming your way!
Sunday it is, so inspiration day! I will try to find some time today to reflect on my babystepping. What is going fluently ... where am I getting sidetracked ... how can I change my life so that I can find peace for my family AND me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment